The Susquehanna Museum has a vast collection of items pertaining to the Canal era and Havre de Grace in the late 1800s. The Museum is divided into nine areas: eight exhibit spaces and a gift shop.
Learn about the Susquehanna and Tidewater Canal, that ran from Havre de Grace to Wrightsville, PA from 1840 to around 1900. See the office of the Toll Collector and the kitchen of the Lock Tender, who both worked on the Canal.
The Lock House Museum
The Lock House’s story did not end with the collapse of the Canal system. The building went on to serve as an apartment duplex before its long renovation into a museum and historic landmark.
Life in the Late 1800s
The Canal saw its greatest impact during the late 1800s. See what life was like for those living in that time!
Havre de Grace History
The founders of the Museum saw the need for a museum to display general Havre de Grace history and wrote this into the original mission statement. The Museum carries on this tradition today with two displays on the history of the City.
Please join us for our newest exhibit: “Negro League Baseball: Making Baseball History in Maryland”. Begining February 10, 2017 and running through March 12, 2017, the Lock House will be open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00 to 5:00 for an exciting and informative exhibit on the trailblazers of Negro League Baseball! We hope to see you here.